The Advantages of Chiropractic Care
How does chiropractic care help you achieve your health and wellness goals?
- It treats the source of pain. Pain medications work to alleviate the symptoms. They don’t address the root cause of the discomfort or pain. When you opt for chiropractic care, however, you can attack the problem at its source in the nervous system - and even reverse the cause of the pain. You’re not just masking symptoms; you are working towards long-term relief and wellness. Taking care of your spinal health affects virtually every other bodily system.
- It is a gentle, low-risk treatment. Are there side effects of chiropractic care? Some people may experience soreness in the area that they have adjusted. Less common is a headache or a sense of fatigue after the treatment. These are both temporary and should resolve within a day or so.
It’s similar to working out when you’ve taken a long hiatus. You’ll feel sore the next day (and maybe the day after that!) but you are bettering your body and making it stronger. As you improve your spinal and joint health, these side effects should become less and less apparent.
Chiropractic care is non-invasive and involves no medication, which can both have harmful - and sometimes long-term - side effects.
- Chiropractic care complements other treatments. Pursuing chiropractic care is not an either/or proposition. Since procedures do not rely on drugs, you can use it in conjunction with most other therapies in order to manage chronic pain or meet other health goals effectively. That said, it’s best to take a holistic approach: build a healthcare team, and consult with your doctor and chiropractic care expert to create a plan that works for you.
- Treatment is customized for you. Whether you are coping with acute or chronic pain, or you simply want to maintain optimal use of your body, chiropractic care is not one-size-fits-all. Your body, your mind, your goals are all unique: an experienced professional will develop a plan that meets your needs. When consulting with your practitioner, make sure to discuss any pain or mobility issues you’re having, as well as what you want from care.
- You can treat areas other than the back. We often associate chiropractic care with the back. For good reason! It is an effective way to deal with issues here. But treatment can also help treat the neck, knees, hips, shoulders, and soft tissues. Relieving pain, maintaining mobility, and generally keeping these areas in the best condition possible impacts your quality of life.
- It is a whole-body treatment option. On a similar note, professional chiropractic services can address a wide variety of conditions, such as menstrual disorders, headache, migraine, ear infections, gastrointestinal issues, fertility problems, and even cancer.
In terms of cancer, chemotherapy can wreak havoc on the body’s musculoskeletal system and individuals may also experience aches and pains, mobility problems, muscle tension, and damage to the peripheral nerves. Chiropractic care can help people with cancer increase flexibility, mobility, strength, and function.
- It is an effective preventative treatment. Even if you aren’t experiencing pain, there may be some issues in your joints. Do you have difficulty standing up, sitting down, walking, or holding a pen, for example? Seeking chiropractic care is important because problems with the joints lead back to the spine. Adjustment and treatment can help you prevent further damage and discomfort.
- It meets your needs - now and in the future. Whether your goal is pain relief, maintenance of mobility, or overall enhanced health, chiropractic care is tailored to your needs - and treatments can evolve over time. Say you’ve successfully managed chronic pain, for example; you can begin to move your focus to increasing mobility and flexibility.
Whatever your health and wellness goals, the professionals at Kordonowy Chiropractic Center will help you achieve them with personalized plans. You are not a “one-size-fits-all” person; your care should not be generic. Schedule a consultation; we are happy to work with you as you enhance your body’s performance - and your quality of life.